Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Saturday 25 June 2016

Predominantly Blue

Totland Pier
Here's another predominantly blue painting (Prussian Blue) The unity of this painting is created by the use of the colours in the sky echoed in the foreground and a simple composition. I am going to paint a similar scene to this again as a square format canvas, increasing the space between the left hand edge and the canvas and the end of the pier putting the light about a third of the way in from the right and up from the bottom more closely observing 'the rule of thirds'.

No comments:

Post a Comment