Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Sunday 27 March 2011

'A Kentish Farm'

For those of you that I met and spoke to at The Ideal Home Exhibition on March 19th on the Warner Leisure stand here is the finished painting that I was working on to highlight the Art/Painting Experiences available at Warner's various resorts. I spent just another half an hour or so putting in some finishing details at Norton Grange on Sunday Morning (27th) in the bar. This picture was inspired by the artist Norman Battershill and a recent holiday spent exploring the Kent countryside, a beautiful part of the country and really should be visited!
I used a fairly limited palette for this painting and the colours I used are listed below :-

Cobalt Blue, Cadmium Yellow, Alizirin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber and Payne's Gray.

1 comment: