Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Technical Pen and Water-Colour Wash


Market Cross House, Windsor 
Vernacular architecture such as this famous building in Windsor 
(now Woods The Chemist) is my favourite sort of subject matter 
for the pen and wash technique, in this case drawn with a 0.3mm 
technical pen with waterproof ink and then a few simple sepia
water-colour washes are added giving a sort of aged feel to a
building that dates back to the early 1600s. In the drawing I used 
a few simple shading methods like hatching and cross hatching.
If you are not confident enough to go straight in with the ink then 
you can start with a very light pencil drawing then put in the 
definite lines with the pen and when it is quite dry erase your
pencil lines with a kneadable/putty eraser then your ready for your 
colour washes. Haven't got sepia watercolour? Try a tea bag!
With Sepia Water-Colour Wash




No comments:

Post a Comment