Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Yar Painting Stage V


In stage five I have painted the salt marshland that is between the hedge of the old railway track and the inlets from the main flow of the river Yar. You can see three distant boats in the right of the painting. The salt marsh was painted using just the following colours in varying mixes :- Cobalt Blue, Cad Yellow pale, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Alizarin Crimson and Zinc white. For those of you who walk the old railway track you will notice that just to right of centre is the bridge that if like me you stop to look at the fish and watch the birds. The next stage is to start painting in the water, watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment