Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Friday 20 March 2015

Brook Coastguard Cottages


Brook Coastguard Cottages Stage III

Trees, cottages, telegraph poles and rough verge of the field have been painted in. I like the way the telegraph poles show that the lane outside of the cottages runs around the bend into the distance but you can't see where it leads to. Stage IV will be the painting of the field in the foreground which as you can see takes up approximately 1/3 of the picture plane, the interest is the sky and cottages so the foreground will be kept relatively simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment