Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Monday 28 February 2011

Earl Mountbatten Hospice Charity Art Auction



On a Friday afternoon I have the privilege of tutoring The Barbara Newman Art Group of Brighstone where we meet up and enjoy a two hour social painting session. Approximately once a month I do a relatively long demonstration and the rest of the time I do shorter demonstrations and help the members out with their individual projects or just chat about painting.

We have recently created a painting where the members of the group each had a section of painting (a couple of lucky ones did two pieces) to replicate using the medium of their choice. I selected the painting because, with the exception of the lower right hand corner there was something reasonably interesting to paint. Some sections were more detailed than others so we drew lots for who had which A4 sized section. The object of this exercise was to sharpen observation and more interestingly to see how individuals perceive colour and how the different mediums looked when put together as part of a whole. The painting consists of sixteen sections created using acrylics, pastels, watercolours and even oils.

The finished work will be displayed at various exhibitions on the Island, any one interested in owning this work are invited to send or give me closed bids, the highest bid procuring the work of art and the money raised will be given to The Mounbatten Hospice. The painting is 1140 x 850 unframed and is quite a conversation piece. Details of which piece is painted in what medium and by whom are below. If you are interested in owning this unique painting why not e-mail a bid to me today? All of the winning bid going to Mountbatten Hospice, ideal for exhibiting in a public place!

                         THE FLOWER SELLER AFTER LOUIS DE SCHRYVER 1897

Painted by members of The Barbara Newman Art Group




















THE ARTISTS AND THEIR SECTIONS OF THE PAINTING

No comments:

Post a Comment