Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Winsor and Newton's 'Artisan' water soluble oils

I am a devotee of Winsor and Newtons 'Artisan' water soluble oils, I started using them when they first appeared in Winsor and Newtons range back in 1998 and have used them ever since. My wife is asthmatic and the strong odour and fumes from both white spirit and distilled spirit of turpentine would cause her breathing difficulties. The innovative creation of an oil paint with all of the qualities of traditional oil paint but without the need for fumy thinners gave me a new lease of artistic life. Water can be used to thin the paint and I use a little soap and water to clean the brushes at the end of my painting session. Winsor and Newton produce a range of mediums and varnishes for use with 'Artisan' oils, full details of which can be viewed at www.winsornewton.com
If you are an artist who has avoided painting in oils because of the strong smell of thinners I urge you to have a go with 'Artisan', all of the oil paintings in my galleries are painted with this fantastic medium. Thank You to the geniuses at Winsor and Newton.                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment