Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Thursday 15 August 2013

Porlock Weir The Finished Painting


This is the finished painting of Porlock Weir. I have painted in the beach flora (no I don't know what it is) which as with the distant trees, I start by painting in the shadow colour and gradually paint lighter foliage, usually two shades and finally the highlight colour placing the colour on with a No. 2 round bristle brush in the direction of growth. I strengthened some of the shadows around the boats, painted in the missing fenders, put some lighter tones on the grass area on the right and slightly lightened the main roof of the house and darkened the two smaller roofs. I put a little more definition on the right hand beach and signed it in the bottom right hand corner, a little smaller than usual but it is there! This painting is 800 x 600 and is a little larger than my usual work. Don't think that painting on a larger scale is any more difficult because in fact, I find that this makes it easier rather than more difficult! Why not have a go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment