Welcome to my Blog

I am pleased to welcome you to my blog and though I am a complete novice when it comes to blogging I am excited by the possibilities it presents and look forward to showing you my work, the work that some of my students produce and to answering any questions you may have about aspects of the work, techniques used or just discussing painting and drawing.

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Porlock Weir Update




I have been working on my painting of Porlock Weir for most of today and it is now about 90% complete.
I have painted in most of the foreground beach, added a little more detail to the far beach whilst I had the colours on the go and added some ropes, stones, seaweed and shadows to the foreground beach. I still have a bit of sharpening up to do and will put some judicious glazes here and there to alter the tonal values in some areas where I am not entirely satisfied. There is one more picture to come in a day or two which will be of the completed painting, I can hear you all holding your breath....

No comments:

Post a Comment